Sunday, September 11, 2011

    Well, this marks my first post. Today is a rather somber day to begin blogging but there is no lack of inspiration in my mind. Today we woke to the tenth anniversary of the September 11th terrorist attacks. As I watched the memorial services I couldn't help but reflect on the terror of that day and the sadness of this great loss. The memorial and services were truly uplifting in the face of such a tragedy, I found solace in the mutual love and hope of the family and friends of those killed in the attacks. The reading of the names was a hallowing experience and really put the tragedy in perspective, it started around 8 o'clock and by 10 they hadn't even reached the letter H.
    There is no way to measure the effect these attacks have had on us all. I am truly grateful for the freedoms I enjoy and that these men and women died for, willingly or not. I will never forget their sacrifice for the freedoms and priveleges I enjoy. I found myself looking at the beauty and bounty of my garden and thinking that even something as insignificant as this was a privelege to do. Upon discovering this beautiful tomato, I could not help but think the very bounty I enjoyed this season was pulled from the land my fellow Americans died defending.

Beautiful oxheart tomato, 9/11/11



No comments:

Post a Comment